The first AP Poll Top 25 has been released and the UCLA Football team has landed some votes. So where are they in the preseason poll?
The Bruins are coming off of the first losing season in Head Coach Jim Mora’s tenure as they only managed to muster up 4 wins and succumbed to 8 loses.
A change in offensive scheme, injuries and general underperformance led to the downfall, but hope in Westwood is that off-season changes will take them in a different direction.
More from Go Joe Bruin
- UCLA Football: It’s time for the nation to meet Dante Moore
- UCLA Football: Where are they ranked heading into week 4
- UCLA Football: Position battle breakdown for Utah showdown
- UCLA vs. Utah: Location, time, prediction, and more
- UCLA Football: Highlights from Chip Kelly’s appearance on the Jim Rome Show
UCLA has Josh Rosen back and is working with an improved offensive line as well as a more productive run game. Though it is yet to be seen how good these Bruins can be, many think Mora has what it takes to turn things around.
Some of those include voters in the AP Poll who have given the Bruins 9 votes to start the season. That is the 36th most in the AP Poll, so for those with a lot of optimism, it is fair to say UCLA is the 36th best team in the nation.
Though the Bruins need to prove their worth and show the AP voters why they deserve to be in the Top 25 proper, this is not a bad place to start the season.
The Top 5 in the preseason poll is as follows: 1. Alabama, 2. Ohio State, 3. Florida State, 4. USC and 5. Clemson.