Senior UCLA football players RB Joshua Kelley and LB Krys Barnes will represent the Bruins at Pac-12 Media Day.
The announcement was made this morning and was tweeted out by Thuc Nhi Nguyen of the OC Register.
Last year, the Bruins were not a very impressive team in Kelly’s first year with the program as they finished the season 3-9, but there was clear and evident proof of improvement. Both Kelley and Barnes had stood out during the season and were two of the best players on the roster by season’s end.
More from Go Joe Bruin
- UCLA Football: It’s time for the nation to meet Dante Moore
- UCLA Football: Where are they ranked heading into week 4
- UCLA Football: Position battle breakdown for Utah showdown
- UCLA vs. Utah: Location, time, prediction, and more
- UCLA Football: Highlights from Chip Kelly’s appearance on the Jim Rome Show
This year, they will not only bring their talents but also their leadership into the 2019 season. As senior stars, they are going to set the example for the rest of the squad and we couldn’t think of two better players to represent the team on Pac-12 Media Day.
After stepping up halfway through the season, Kelley emerged as one of the best backs in the conference, totaling 1,297 yards and averaging 113.0 yards per game. He also had a record-breaking game against USC as he ran for 289 yards, the most yards any running back has totaled in the history of the rivalry.
Barnes was equally impressive on the defensive side of the ball. He had the most tackles last season among all returning defenders with 85 (53 solo, 32 assisted). He also added ten tackles for a loss, one sack and six pass breakups.
Pac-12 Media will take place on Wednesday, July 24 at Hollywood and Highland in Hollywood, CA. The tentative schedule is as follows:
- 8 a.m. (all times PT) – Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott
- 8:30-11:30 a.m. – North Division Media Session
- 11:30-12 p.m. – Q&A with Larry Scott
- 12-1:30 p.m. – North Division One-on-One
- 1:30-4:30 p.m. – South Division Media Session
- 4:30-6 p.m. – South Division One-on-One
All times for Pac-12 Media Day are subject to change.