Takkarist McKinley DE, Sr, 6’2″, 250 lbs.
BOOM! Let us just start things off with a player that is been a welcome addition to the defense ever since he transferred in 1/3 of the way through the 2014 season.
More from Go Joe Bruin
- UCLA Football: It’s time for the nation to meet Dante Moore
- UCLA Football: Where are they ranked heading into week 4
- UCLA Football: Position battle breakdown for Utah showdown
- UCLA vs. Utah: Location, time, prediction, and more
- UCLA Football: Highlights from Chip Kelly’s appearance on the Jim Rome Show
McKinley is a smart, versatile player that has developed nicely through his first two season with the Bruins. During Spring Practice, McKinley looked more focused coming off the edge and looks like he has a bit more power taking off which has helped him in the pass rush.
He has the potential to break out and it seems like this could be the year he shows the nation what kind of athlete he is. With the Bruins moving to a 4-3 defense he has help on the line occupying bodies which will free him up on certain plays.
With the defensive line looking a bit more stable in Spring, especially against the run, the Bruins should be able to work a little better as a unit, which will help the individual players focus on their assignments.
For McKinley, a lot of those assignments will be trying to get at the opposition in the backfield. With that in mind, remember, I coined the name “Sackarist McKinley”.
Way-Too-Early 2017 Draft Prediction: Early 4th Round
Next: The Converted