After all the wreckage of the NFL Draft has been cleared, UCLA Football had 10 players taken by an NFL team. BOOM!
It was a huge three days for the UCLA Football team surrounding the 2016 NFL Draft as eight Bruins were selected and two were signed after going undrafted.
Ten players, Ladies and Gentlemen. Ten players from the 2015 UCLA Football team have been taken by NFL teams. I could say that all day.
This is by far the biggest NFL Draft for the Bruins in the Jim Mora era, and rightly so. Since Mora took over he has made the Bruin Revolution a real thing. From recruiting to coaching to development, Mora has improved the status of this team and that now includes getting players to the NFL.
Look what he has done so far.
In 2014, the Bruins had five players selected in the draft which was headlined by Anthony Barr, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Cassius Marsh. In 2013, the draft after Mora’s first year, four Bruins were taken. Last year, three Bruins had their name called.
Since Mora has been at UCLA, 20 players have been selected in the NFL Draft. What is it they say in Westwood? “BOOM!”
This was a fantastic draft for the Bruins and it all started with a a few Day 1 Headlines…
More from Go Joe Bruin
- UCLA Football: It’s time for the nation to meet Dante Moore
- UCLA Football: Where are they ranked heading into week 4
- UCLA Football: Position battle breakdown for Utah showdown
- UCLA vs. Utah: Location, time, prediction, and more
- UCLA Football: Highlights from Chip Kelly’s appearance on the Jim Rome Show
Next: NFL Draft Day 1