More from UCLA Bruins Football
- UCLA Football: It’s time for the nation to meet Dante Moore
- UCLA Football: Where are they ranked heading into week 4
- UCLA Football: Position battle breakdown for Utah showdown
- UCLA vs. Utah: Location, time, prediction, and more
- UCLA Football: Highlights from Chip Kelly’s appearance on the Jim Rome Show
Two months ago, UCLA football redshirt senior center Jake Brendel was named to the Spring Rimington Trophy watch list. Today, Brendel once again made the list, only this time it is for the official 2015 Fall Rimington Trophy watch list, an award that honors “the most outstanding center in college football”.
Brendel is returning for his fourth and final season with the Bruins, anchoring a line that has the most collective starts of any offensive line in the country. Brendel himself has started every sinlge game that he has played in, only missing one game in that time, last season’s opener at Virginia. Aside from that, he is the leader on what will hands down be the best offensive line in the Jim Mora era.
Brendel is among several Pac-12 centers to make the list: Nick Kelly (Arizona State), Alex Kelley (Colorado), Matt Hegarty (Oregon), Josh Mitchell (Oregon State), Graham Shuler (Stanford), Max Turek (USC) and Siaosi Aiono (Utah).
This is the fourth watch list that has included a UCLA football player. Here are the links to articles about the other three watch lists and who was named:
- Myles Jack and Ishmael Adams named to the Hornung Award watch list
- Paul Perkins named to the Maxwell Award watch list
- Kenny Clark and Myles Jack named to the Bednarik Award watch list
That is the #BruinRevolution in action!