After the completion of the 2015 NBA Draft, UCLA basketball’s Norman Powell, who was originally selected at #46 by the Milwaukee Bucks, has been traded to the Toronto Raptors.
More from UCLA Bruins Basketball
- UCLA Basketball: The case for the No. 1 2023 Recruiting Class
- UCLA Bruins News: Going to play in Spain, preseason honors and more
- College Basketball: Top Five 2023 Recruiting class rankings
- UCLA Basketball and Football: Westwood is the place to be for recruits
- UCLA Basketball: The Bruins arguably has the No. 1 2023 Recruiting Class
In a late trade, the Bucks have sent Powell to the Raptors as well as a 1st round pick in the 2017 NBA Draft (which was originally acquired by the Los Angeles Clippers) for 7-year veteran combo guard Greivis Vasquez.
Toronto is not as deep in the back court as Milwaukee which could mean that Powell has a better chance of not only making the team, but a better chance of being a solid contributor. Though Powell will still need some developing to compete at the professional level, he could come in and help the Raptors right away.
Toronto finished last season first in the Atlantic Division with a 49-33 record, but was swept out of the first round of the NBA Playoffs by the Washington Wizards. Milwaukee finished at .500 with a 41-41 record and was third in the Central Division. They also had a first round exit losing 4 games to 2 against the Chicago Bulls.