Oregon State: 4 wins, -105 over/-125 under
Vegas is evidently unimpressed with the hiring of Gary Andersen for the head coaching position. Or perhaps the source of the pessimistic (realistic?) expectations is the Beavers’ quarterback situation. The Sean Mannion era is officially over. Mannion holds Pac-12 records for most career passing yards with (13,600) and single season passing yards (4662 in 2013), which leaves his replacement big shoes to fill.
More from Go Joe Bruin
- UCLA Football: It’s time for the nation to meet Dante Moore
- UCLA Football: Where are they ranked heading into week 4
- UCLA Football: Position battle breakdown for Utah showdown
- UCLA vs. Utah: Location, time, prediction, and more
- UCLA Football: Highlights from Chip Kelly’s appearance on the Jim Rome Show
The Statesman Journal reports that the quarterback battle will be between redshirt freshman Nick Mitchell and true freshman Seth Collins. Neither man has taken a single snap in a collegiate level game yet.
To make matters worse, the Beavers have a brutal road schedule. They have to face Jim Harbaugh in his Big House debut, travel to the desert to face Arizona, spar with Utah in the mountains and have to come out of Eugene with a victory to win the Civil War over Oregon. Let’s call this year a rebuilding one, shall we?