Thomas Welsh, the 7’0″ center for UCLA Basketball, will look to make an impression on a global scale this summer. After attending the USA Basketball U19 basketball camp in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Welsh has been named to the final roster after it was cut down from 24 players.
More from UCLA Bruins Basketball
- UCLA Basketball: The case for the No. 1 2023 Recruiting Class
- UCLA Bruins News: Going to play in Spain, preseason honors and more
- College Basketball: Top Five 2023 Recruiting class rankings
- UCLA Basketball and Football: Westwood is the place to be for recruits
- UCLA Basketball: The Bruins arguably has the No. 1 2023 Recruiting Class
The 2015 USA Men’s Basketball U19 team will be heading to Greece later this month to compete in the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championships. Welsh has secured a spot as one of two centers on the team that will make it to Heraklion, Crete for the 16-team tournament.
This past season, Welsh had averaged 3.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per game for the Bruins and led the team in blocks with 1.08. Welsh had a career-high 14 points against Montana State and a career-high 9 rebounds at Colorado. With much expected of Welsh in the next few seasons, the worldliness he will receive as part of the USA U19 team will give him a lot of much-needed experience for next season.
For the full roster, check out USAB.com.