With the 74th pick in the 3rd Round of the 2015 NFL Draft, the New York Giants have selected UCLA Bruin defensive lineman Owamagbe Odighizuwa! Oh Wow! This is the second Bruin selected in the draft as LB Eric Kendricks was chosen 45th overall by the Minnesota Vikings.
More from nfl draft
- UCLA Football: 10 Bruins that could be selected in the 2020 NFL Draft
- UCLA Football: The Bruins’ disappointing 2019 NFL Draft
- UCLA Football: Four Bruins have signed as undrafted free agents
- UCLA Football: Caleb Wilson is the final pick in 2019 NFL Draft
- UCLA Football: How to watch the 2019 NFL Draft and who to watch for
I can tell you this, the Giants are getting a player that has the skill set to come in and immediately compete for a back-up role. Given a few years, Odighizuwa could even make the starting line-up. But first things first, what kind of player is New York getting?
At 6’3″, 267 lbs., the Giants are getting a fiery wrecking ball. He is vicious off the line, does not quit on a play and can stop the run with the best of them. Though there are several areas Odighizuwa needs to improve on, there is no doubt he will be a force for New York sooner than later.
Congratulations, Mr. Odighizuwa, you are a Giant!