UCLA Basketball Head Coacb Steve Alford has been scheduling some elite competition in recent years, so Go Joe Bruin came up with a list of five home-and-home series that should be considered in the future.
The UCLA Basketball team has been all about upping the level of competition in the non-conference schedule.
Just yesterday, the Bruins set up a home-and-home against Michigan which will have the Wolverines come to Pauley Pavilion in the 2016-17 season, and then have the Bruins visit Ann Arbor in 2017-18.
With that in mind, we came up with five teams that we would love to see the Bruins schedule a home-and-home with:
1. Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers are tough basketball squad and are the type of team that turns up the fire in the NCAA Tournament. When UCLA does manage to go deep in the tourney, they will most likely come across a Wisconsin-esque team, so that experience will help. Plus, I have always wanted to visit Madison, I hear it’s a delight.
2. Kansas Jayhawks – Two college basketball powerhouses… how has this not happened already? Where is ESPN when you really need them? There would be instant buzz surrounding this game as both legendary programs represent their schools in a straight-up two-game battle. No tourneys. No “Classics”. Just two games in two historic arenas. Get on that ESPN!
3. Duke Blue Devils – Speaking of ESPN getting on something, why have we not seen a UCLA-Duke home-and-home? These two teams haven’t met in each other’s houses since 1997 and 1998. We know that Duke Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski is scared to leave Cameron Indoor Stadiun, but for an epic match-up as this, it would be worth Duke leaving the state of North Carolina for one game.
4. Michigan State Spartans – UCLA Vs. Michigan is going to be a big draw, but so would a showdown between the Bruins and Spartans. There is not a lot of history between the two, so why not start some? For UCLA, it would be good to get experience against a tough defensive team. For Michigan State, they get west coast exposure. It’s a win for everyone… except the team that loses an actual game.
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish – This not only needs to be a home-and-home, but a series that occurs every few years. Twice a decade, at the least. UCLA and Notre Dame go way back, so why not bring up some old animosity with a modern twist? Can we get on this for 2016, Coach Alford?
Who Do You Want To See UCLA Basketball Schedule?
We took to Twitter to ask Bruins fans about teams they would like to see UCLA Basketball schedule a home-and-home series with. Here are some of the responses: