Aug 2, 2014; Canton, OH, USA; Jonathan Ogden at the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement at Fawcett Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Former UCLA greats Jonathan Ogden and Kenny Easley were named to the 2nd Team of the Football Writers Association of America’s 75th Anniversary All-Time All American List.
This morning the Football Writers Association of America announced a list of All-Time All Americans to commemorate the organizations 75th anniversary. Included on the lists 2nd Team are former UCLA Offensive Tackle Jonathan Ogden and former UCLA Defensive Back Kenny Easley. The Bruins were one of only 14 schools to have at least 2 players on the list. Three other Pac-12 schools also had players named to the list:
More from All-Time Lists
- UCLA Football: Top 10 former Bruin quarterbacks with the most success in the NFL
- College Basketball: Ranking the Nine “Blue Blood” programs
- UCLA Basketball: 15 best former UCLA basketball players who had the best NBA careers
- UCLA Athletics: Top 10 sports moments/accomplishments of 2022-23
- UCLA Football: Ranking the Top 10 Teams of All Time
- USC – Ron Yary, Ronnie Lot, Troy Polamalu
- Washington – Steve Emtman
- Colorado – Mason Crosby (as part of the Big12)
Jan 31, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Seattle Seahawks former safety Kenny Easley looks on at the Seattle Seahawks 12Fest fan rally in the Desert at Chase Field prior to Super Bowl XLIX. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
According the organizations press release “The FWAA, which was founded in 1941, has picked an annual All-America team since the 1944 season, making it the second longest continuously selected team in major college football.” FWAA representatives encouraged response to the list, but noted that making a definitive list of the Greatest College Football Players of All-Time is “an exciting – if not impossible task”.