It is an uphill battle for UCLA. The Aggies have speed, depth and took down a Pac-12 opponent last year in their season opener. However, the Bruins are young, talented and have been on a steady climb the past two years despite the perceived down year last season.
They also getting back a few guys who were injured last year and who are playing for the NFL in their final season at UCLA. Both of these teams have the potential to really light up score boards but the Bruins will have to demonstrate they aren’t going to have a hangover from last season and are able to move on from their personnel losses. I do think defensively the Bruins can hang with the Aggies and we might see some late game heroics from Josh Rosen.
More from Go Joe Bruin
- UCLA Football: It’s time for the nation to meet Dante Moore
- UCLA Football: Where are they ranked heading into week 4
- UCLA Football: Position battle breakdown for Utah showdown
- UCLA vs. Utah: Location, time, prediction, and more
- UCLA Football: Highlights from Chip Kelly’s appearance on the Jim Rome Show
Early Score Prediction
It will be ugly and it should be close but I’m taking the BRUINS to make an early season statement. Final Score: UCLA 36-34.