1. For the Bruins, and particularly Brett Hundley, indecisiveness was a huge factor in this game. For the most part, when Hundley felt pressure and decided to run, he seemed to struggle in deciding to tuck the ball or throw on the run. On 3rd downs and long, his short yardage runs because of this just didn’t cut it.
2. Must I even say it again? Penalties were the dagger for the Bruins tonight. Holding in the back field on a quick hand off? Really? Personal fouls? Really Bruins? C’mon, control the emotion, make the play, and don’t make bad decisions.
3. Broken plays especially on the defensive end, really hurt us tonight. A desperate 3rd down touchdown for the Cardinal was only successful due to Bruin confusion. At times the Defense seemed confused. Especially when Stanford motioned players.
4. Dropped passes by senior leaders Joseph Fauria and Johnathan Franklin hurt us big time. While I realize it was raining, the throws were catchable. As an all Pac 12 player at that level, dropping passes is unacceptable.
5. Overplaying Stepfan Taylor allowed Kevin Hogan to rush for big gains and first downs. The Bruins were so focused on stuffing Stepfan Taylor, that on read plays, they didn’t even think about Hogan. The team would continually swarm Taylor and allow Hogan to run untouched.